Have you missed us? 😘
Yep, it’s been a while – nine months in fact! We’ve been a little quiet since August last year but with good reason. We’ve had lots going on:
- A baby Fireflier joined the team in the form of Mia, Mel’s daughter
- Three new team members came on board (welcome Angela, Rachel and Mark)
- A whole bunch of new clients
It’s been a busy time and we really needed to focus our efforts. However, we’re back with verve and vigour and promise to keep you more informed in future. So let’s not waste any further time and get to it.
What we’re talking about about this month
Content! We’ve had loads of people reaching out to us on LinkedIn about how we create content day in, day out for our clients. Rest-assured, EVERYONE gets creative content block but there are some easy ways to get your brain fired up and create content on the fly. Our Operational Director Mel took a little time to list them in her blog ‘9 super simple ways to come up with content ideas.‘
Check out some of our work on The TEFL Academy’s Instagram, a sneak peak below.
Social media news and updates already in play
- They’ve been in the works for a little while, but now Facebook has made it official, with the announcement of a range of new audio social options across its apps as it seeks to tap into the Clubhouse-led trend. SocialMediaToday takes a closer look.
- Organic Facebook reach has been more difficult to increase in recent years but all is not lost, check out this handy article from Social Media Examiner which highlights a three-step system to help you find the right audience, message and content mix for your Facebook page.
- Hot off the press from Social Media Today, news that Instagram has just launched new caption stickers for Stories, which automatically change what you say into text.
- An answer to the age old question – do photos with people perform better on Instagram? Hootsuite investigates.
- Good news! Instagram is cracking down on ways to combat abuse and hate speech, most recently a tool that when turned on will automatically filter DM requests containing offensive words, phrases and emojis, so you never have to see them. We’re really glad to see Instagram taking this seriously.
- A couple of great blogs about Spaces, Twitters new audio offering. There’s some great info from Twitter itself about Spaces and how you can get involved as well as how they’ve made Spaces accessible.
- The worlds largest professional network is streamlining it’s search experience by helping people discover people, jobs, posts, companies, schools, groups and events faster in one organised blended results page. Find out more about it.
Hot social media updates being tested
- The micro-blogging platform, Twitter, is testing new Super Follow and tipping buttons for profiles, reports Social Media Today.
- Instagram is developing new stickers for Stories, as reported by SocialMediaToday. Very excitingly, a link sticker, which would be frankly a dream and mean users don’t have to rely on swipe up to share a link. Also, a Super Mention sticker is potentially in the works, which could be a way to help users get their mentions seen by influential users.